Friday, October 4, 2013

PaperHaus: "This IS My Smile"~!

Good morning! I know I've bombarded you with posts this past week- and it's not letting up yet ;) So bear with me...

At the same time, I've been a bit absent. Still canning away and there are so many projects at hand with winter likely hitting us in a month or so...I'm barely getting by at this point. But thanks for always hanging in there with me, it's truly appreciated.

Today I have a fun layout to share with you that I created for PaperHaus. As I look back on the last several months' worth of photos of my kids, not only is it difficult to find a photo of my Gunner LOOKING at the camera, but it is pretty much impossible to get one of him smiling. He thinks that by my asking him to smile, I somehow mean I want him to show me an open mouth, his teeth, or his tongue- or a combination of all three, ha! But never...never a smile :(. But that's just him- he smiles and laughs all day long- but once that camera is out, it's game over.

SO- I decided to embrace this fault and create a layout about it :)

"This IS My Smile"
I've really enjoyed playing around with layers of different mediums lately! I generally start by placing some paper layers and then applying a coat of gesso. After that- it's game on! On this particular layout, I followed that up by applying (randomly) some blue acrylic paint over top of the gesso. Then came some scattered stamping with distress ink. Next I applied some masking (using light modeling paste) and created some dimension by sprinkling on some embossing powder and setting with a heat gun. On top of that I brushed on some watercolors and just a touch of mist. All set for photo and cluster work!




Product List:

Patterned Papers: Prima Marketing
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Embellishments: Prima Marketing, Melissa Frances
Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios
Letter Stickers: Prima Marketing
Mask: The Crafter's Workshop
Modeling Paste: Golden
Gesso: Pro Art
Watercolors: Luminarte
Other: acrylic paint, paper doily, pearls, microbeads, seam binding, book pages
I hope your week is going well so far. I'm so happy you took a moment to come by- thanks so much as always :)

11 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous Erin....even his tongue!!! I guess we gotta take 'em as they are, eh???!!!! Hopefully he'll learn to smile for the camera in time...it's not like he's not used to it, eh???!!!!Anways, loving your Mixed media & those flowers look lovely:):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Precious photo and gorgeous page. I love all the details.

Ashley Horton said...

Love how you embraced the photo, Erin and it turned out fabulous on your page! I have that problem too...one won't smile and the other looks everywhere except the camera! HA!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

SOOO cute!!!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous in every way! <3!

Olga Siedlecka said...

The sweet thing!

Davi said...

Gorgeous Erin! You have the ability to make your creations always look so fresh and airy, so fun with Gunners smile, the textures and embellies :)

Laurie said...

this layout is gorgeous and Gunner is really a beautiful little boy! But you know that :)

Belinda Scott said...

WOW so stunning!!!! Love the photo :)

Ella Swan said...

I thought I had commented here last week!! Things have been really crazy my side!!! Gorgeous layout & LOVING that photo! I have one son that at 15 still can't give me a natural smile :/

Tusia Lech said...

Gorgeous as always Erin xxx