Saturday, April 13, 2013

Blue Fern Studios: Making Chipboard the Project Focus~!

Hello everyone! This is a prescheduled post and if all is well, we are currently moving into our new house and I won't be online much- or at all- these next few days. Such an exciting time and I'm SO happy we've finally reached this point. I cannot wait to be settled in and for life to slow down (and stress down) just a bit.

I'm here with you today to show you how to take your favorite Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces and make them the shining star on your projects. I've got three different examples for you, featuring three different types of projects- all of varying sizes- so you can see how easily you can incorporate our amazing products into whatever you love doing best!

"The Wait is Long"
First up we have an 8"x10" canvas. My inspiration for this piece was the Grand Balloon. And paired with this sweet photo of my son as he patiently awaited a deer to his "stand", I found my match! It was perfect for putting together this whimsical scene and truly does take center stage on my canvas.

For the stars, I used the centers of the Ornate Medallions.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Grand Balloon 075100

Vintage Locks 074783

Ornate Medallions (centers) 074462

"Pixie Tag"
 Next we have a smaller piece, a tag. And taking center stage we have one of the Regal Ornaments and Vintage Keys, inked and layered to create a wonderful centerpiece for this feminine project.

I just love the dimension! And so simple to create coordinating pieces with a coverage of chalk inks.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Regal Ornaments 074479

Vintage Keys 075032

"Forever" Card
Finally, I have a "dressed up" card for you! I knew that the Charlotte's Dress Set would be perfect for a wedding card, though I hadn't exactly intended for it to be a Bohemian-style wedding- but that is just the way it goes sometimes, isn't it? :)

I used plenty of fabric, trims, wire, pearls, liquid pearls, and microbeads to bring this dress to life. What would you do with yours??

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Charlotte's Dress Set 075056

One last thing before I go: For those of you who have been looking for some new stores carrying BFS, Blue Moon Scrapbooking has just added a YouTube video sharing all of the fun products they've added to their store! Take a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-OSUekpT_JA

Thank-you for the visit today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

15 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely project Erin.
Gr Elly

Romy said...

I just love each one of your creations, especially that lovely tag with the beautiful tulle details.

Elin Larsson said...

Amazing layout and I then see a beautiful tag. Scroll a bit further and see this extraordinary card!!!
All excellent job you created! Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs
Elin

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful projects, Erin! Hope you are enjoying your new home!

Davi said...

Wow these are three fabulous projects Erin!! I love the way you did the hotair balloon and all the pretty embellies. You are the master tag maker girl, this is gorgeous! LOVE the chipboard dress and the amazing creation!! Hope your new home makes life much easier for you now :)

Adriana B said...

awesome work, love the hot ballon details :)

Miranda Edney said...

I love them all Erin.

Mrs Frizz said...

oh wow ... you waved your magic wand and your chippies look totally magical ... hope the move went well!

Lizzyc said...

Wow these are more than stunning! Really amazing, so many details.. love the canvas, that cut out photo is perfect.. and your cards and tags are mini masterpieces.. I hope everything goes well for your move!!

Jasmine S said...

You are amazing. These projects are just beautiful.
I hope you settle in you new house well and does this mean no more bears, wolves or foxes?

Laurie said...

WOW!!! I so love that balloon layout, I love how you think outside the box with your photos, really cute idea and your other projects, just fabulous as always !

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful projects!! I hope the move went well congrats on your new home

phamil said...

Wow Erin, what awesome projects! I absolutely love that balloon and how you did the picture! Very creative! And the tag and card are just lucious looking! So pretty, love the details!!! Gorgeous work!

Nina said...

WOW - Love your beautiful and detailed projects !
:-) Nina

Dot said...

Stunning projects! All gorgeous!